Updated Hammock Hang Calculator for Android

1. Richard says:

Thanks, Derek. I appreciate the trouble you went through

2. fhfr436 says:

The app looks good and I look forward to using it. I find the format of the clinometer to be confusing, however. Like clinometers on crane booms or boats, the numbered scale should stay fixed while the arrow points to the angle of inclination as the phone rotates up.

• fhfr436 says:

I suppose what I mean is that the scale seems to move paradoxically. The number comes out correct. I think I’m expecting that the virtual plumb bob should stay vertical while the scale should stay aligned with the phone.

3. Neruda says:

getting an iPhone is a big ask for lots of people. I’ve been an apple guy since jobs came out with the colorful iMacs and iPhone isn’t perfect but the hang calculator works perfectly on my iPhone. That you’d have to rename the app on android store is really really lame.

4. AJ Glenn says:

Will this be available on the Amazon App Store?

5. Andy Campbell says:

How in the name of God’s Holy Trousers am I supposed to know the original purchase date? I mean it’s only two bucks, but it’s a bit disappointing.

6. I just emailed you but I’m not sure how frequently you check the corresponding email. The app is a great idea (and works great) but I think could use some TLC in GUI and some of the ease of use areas. I’d love to volunteer to work with you (and/or your developer if its someone else) to iron out any of the kinks.

7. T1g3rch3n says:

it would be nice to have the ability to save some of the Parameter … The only changing Parameter is the tree distance

8. Chef Cocoa says:

What is the name of the Updated The Ultimate hand app for android? Only thing I found was hammock tools and it doesn’t let me past the first section . Grrrr. Got a new phone Galaxy s8 and want the app on my phone. Please advise and help.

• dejoha says:

I regret that I had to take down the app a few months ago because the app was breaking on too many devices. It’s been very difficult to keep up with all the varying screen sizes so we decided the best option was to pull down the app and re-code it from the ground up using a different platform. The process is underway, but we’re doing it on our free time, which means it will take a few months to hammer out.