The Utility of Indoor Hammock Sleeping. Especially with Kids.

1. Graham Hicks says:

Sorry to hear about your son–hope he’s doing well. Glad your cleanup was so easy.
    How do you have your hooks anchored? I’m interested in doing something similar, though maybe not on a diagonal. I definitely don’t want to damage walls or end up on the floor. Is there an easy way to ensure safety?

2. Cheryl says:

Hey Derek, thanks for the post it was very informative. I too hope your son is doing well.

Thanks 🙂 He is over the stomach bug, but it looks like we’re down with some strep variant. Oh well, that’s what having a family is all about.

3. Heather says:

Hi, Derek! I came across your site after ordering 3 hammocks for our kids. We are moving to a small (very small) cabin, and they will be sharing a room. What do you suggest as far as layout in a 10×10 room- lined up or crossing paths somehow? I was imagining parallel diagonal layout. Our thinking was that they could unhook one side to use the area during the day, and string back across for sleeping. Thank you for your helpful site!

With a 10 foot or shorter hammock you won’t need to cross the hammocks when they hang with an appropriate sag. But you could, and it would look cool 🙂 the hammock calculator will help. I love the idea of sliding away the hammocks when not in use.

• Heather says:

Thanks for your quick reply! The hammocks arrived yesterday and the kids are thrilled! We will definitely be using the hammock calculator 🙂