How to make a do-it-yourself Summer Top Quilt and Matchcoat for a hammock using a basic blanket such as the Tribe Provisions Go Anywhere Blanket.
- Rectangular quilt or blanket (top quilts can work if the footbox can open up)
- Belt or rope to go around your waist
Making the Matchcoat
- Hold the quilt behind you and over your head (if your quilt has a foot end that can snap or cinch closed, use this for the head end)
- With the quilt draped over your head, wrap the left and right sides across your waist
- Fasten the quilt around your waist using the rope or belt
- Snap the hood leaving a space for your head